Almond Biscotti or Rusk?
This recipe is good both ways
I had to look up the difference between a Rusk and Biscotti, because I’ve been making my husband’s step-grandmother’s recipe for years and didn’t know. A rusk is simply dough spread out on a jelly-roll pan and then cut in squares.
We’ve been making it as a biscotti by making two logs and then cutting them into slices half-way through baking.
Makes a great gift!
Almond Rusk or Biscotti
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp milk or cream
- 2 eggs, unbeaten
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp almond extract optional
- nuts and/or dried fruit, chopped optional
- Cream in order ingredients 1 through 4.
- Add flour and baking powder.
- Mix in almond extract and/or nuts and/or dried fruit as desired.
- Grease 10×14" pan. Make 2 loaves 1 1/2" high.
- Bake 375 degrees 20-25 minutes.
- Remove and cut into 1" pieces and crosswise.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300 and put back in for 25-30 minutes.