Blue-ribbon Winning Banana Bread Recipe
Easy, comfort food makes breakfast or tea time special
Nothing says comfort food like banana bread. Enjoy it steaming out of the oven. Pack some slices as you head out the door on a busy day. Or knock this recipe out ahead of time and freeze to have ready for the holidays. It’s also easy to take along for a potluck. Enter in a baked goods sale for charity. Even wrap some up as hostess or holiday gifts.
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup bananas, mashed (about 2 medium bananas)
- 3 tbsp buttermilk or sour milk*
- 1/2 cup broken nuts optional
- Sift flour.
- Resift with baking powder, soda and salt.
- Cream butter and sugar until light.
- Beat egg until light and add to butter/sugar mixture.
- Add in sour cream.
- Add and beat in mashed bananas.
- Stir the wet mixture into the dry in 3 equal parts (only until blended), alternating with thirds of buttermilk.
- Add broken nuts.
- Place the batter into a greased 8"x4" loaf pan or 3 smaller loaf pans.
- Bake in a moderate oven at 350° for 1 hour.
See more recipes here.