Chesapeake Bay Crab Cakes Recipe
Easy, delicious crab recipe perfect for company or family night
🦀 While this might be a recipe for blue crab, I use it for Dungeness that we catch in the Pacific Northwest.
The cornmeal makes a nice crust.
I put these in a muffin top pan which makes a nice uniform, although flatter, cake.
I tweak it with a favorite hot sauce for a little kick.
Chesapeake Bay Crab Cakes
- 1 tsp sharp, prepared mustard
- 1 T freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 T olive oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 lb lump crabmeat (about 2 cups), picked clean
- 1/2 cup dry unflavored breadcrumbs (I use panko)
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (I substitute 1 T Salt Lick Spicy BBQ sauce)
- Use blender or whisk together mustard, lemon juice, egg (& Salt Lick or other hot sauce). While beating, slowly add olive oil in a thin stream till smooth and creamy. Stir in salt and pepper.
- Add crabmeat, cayenne and breadcrumbs (or panko). Shape crab cakes and roll each in cornmeal.
- Use cooking spray or olive oil on sheet pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees F. for about 20 minutes.