Baked Cashew Chicken Recipe
Serve this easy, make-ahead potluck dish hot or cold
Make cashew nuggets or whole chicken breasts. Converted from fried to baked, this recipe has a wonderful option to roll chicken in coconut in addition to cashews.
Your dish will be the talk of the potluck party!Baked Cashew Chicken Recipe: be the talk of your next potluck party! Click To Tweet
Easy make-ahead recipe that's a great dish for potlucks or family dinners. This is a favorite with kids and adults. These can be made as chicken fingers or entire breasts or thighs. Great cold too for summer picnics. Originally a recipe for frying in oil in a wok, I've adapted it for baking in the oven.
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp dry sherry
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1/4 cup finely grated cashews
- 2 whole chicken breasts, boned and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup coconut, shredded optional
- Combine cornstarch, salt, sugar and sherry in small bowl.
- In another bowl, combine egg whites, beaten, but not frothy. Gradually and gently stir into sherry mixture.
- Chop cashews in food processor. Place them on a platter.
- Dip chicken into sherry-egg mixture and roll in cashews.
- Option: Roll in coconut if desired.
- Put slices on pre-greased sheet pan.
- Bake 400° for about 20 minutes.
- Alternatively: cook 4 chicken thighs at 375° for 30 minutes.
The image is a chicken thigh with cashew and coconut crust. Thighs take a little longer to cook. You might like to add a little blue cheese or ranch dressing on the side.
[…] Make cashew nuggets, use chicken thighs or whole chicken breasts with a cashew and coconut crust. Be the talk of your next potluck party. This dish is great cold for a picnic too. Get the recipe here. […]