Even road warriors have to eat, whether eating out or cooking in, breaking bread is a great way to celebrate friendships.
The lifestyle of the Road Warrior runs the spectrum of looking for a great restaurant to cooking in the RV where you don’t want complex dishes that require tons of ingredients or cooking tools. Sometimes you are cooking for company on the road or at home.
RVers often couple an overnight stop with dinner when you come off the road after a long day and/or breakfast before you start again in the morning. You’ll find a list of Cracker Barrel restaurants for just such occasions.
Traveling for extended periods by boat or RV, I’ve kept all my recipes on my computer. Now I’ve discovered a WordPress plugin, WP Recipe Maker, so I’m delighted to share them here. I’ve always felt that recipes are a great way to remember friends and family. I have lots of those.
Some recipes are simple and great for camping. Others are more of a production and best made at home. But they are all good.
We enjoy cooking shows, including Diners, Drive-ins and Dives. So, I was delighted to find someone had mapped the restaurants visited by Guy Fieri. The map is handy for finding a special dive on the next leg of your trip.
Look for the list of U.S. wineries by state when you plan your trips. You might even ask if the winery allows RVs to park overnight. That way you don’t have to worry about driving after a little imbibing.
- Plum Butter or Prune Plum Filling RecipeUse plum butter in bread and cookie recipes for a sweet addition.
- Bread Pudding with Whiskey Sauce RecipeDelicious, heart-warming easy recipe for the holidays. Make-ahead dessert takes a little stress of creating memorable holiday meals for crowds.
- Pecan Tassies: An Easy, Delightful TreatTry this easy dessert recipe for Pecan Tassies, great for potlucks and parties. Men like these small pecan pies too.
- Best [Decadent] Chocolate Cake Ever RecipeOften requested for birthdays, this special-occasion recipe originated from one of Seattle’s favorite restaurants, Salty’s, located on Alki Point, a picturesque beach town just a ferry ride from downtown Seattle.
- Blue-ribbon Winning Banana Bread RecipeGrab this easy recipe to make breakfast special. Slices are great to take out the door. Freeze loaves to have ready for company.
- Copycat Recipe of Publix Grocery Store’s Breakfast BreadLooking for a breadmaker recipe to duplicate the yummy fruit and nut bread, known at Publix Grocery’s Breakfast Bread?
- Curried Mushroom and Squash Soup With ApplesEnjoy this squash soup recipe with apples and mushrooms. Great for vegetarians and hungry, winter appetites.
- Favorite Oatmeal Cookie RecipeDates, coconut, pecans and Amaretto with its healthy swap to remove butter make this oatmeal cookies recipe special.
- An Easy, Delicious Baked Beans RecipeA summer potluck favorite, baked beans is easy with a slow cooker crockpot, molasses, brown sugar, balsamic and tender, loving care.
- An Unremarkable Appliance Makes Remarkable Memories in MinutesToday ice cream is easy to make. No ice. No cranking. The new ice cream makers use freezable gel liner bowls. Just freeze 1-2 days ahead of time, mix four ingredients together, and pour. Makes a great gift too!
- Baked Cashew Chicken RecipeBaked Cashew Chicken Recipe: be the talk of your next potluck party!
- Dutch Baby or German Apple Pancake RecipeImpress company with a special breakfast recipe of a German Apple Pancake, also called a Dutch Baby.
- Make Pizza Dough at Home Your Way and SaveSave money and customize pizza at home with or without a bread maker. Here’s a recipe to make it either way with a couple of fun tweaks.
- Special Occasion Chocolate Martini RecipeThis Chocolate Martini recipe is a favorite at parties – not just for women, but for men too.
- Berry or Apple Galette with Cornmeal Crust Creates Special OccasionsHowever you serve it, this Berry or Apple Galette pastry looks fancy, but still informal. Your guests will feel special to enjoy a not-your-everyday treat.
- Crustless Smoked Salmon Quiche RecipeLooking for a quick, easy, make-ahead brunch or dinner dish for a party or potluck? Smoked salmon makes this one special
- Easy Trifle Dessert Recipe Creates a Special OccasionThis is an easy make-ahead dessert recipe.
- Almond Biscotti or Rusk?This recipe is good both ways I had to look up the difference between a Rusk and Biscotti, because I’ve been making my husband’s step-grandmother’s recipe for years and didn’t know. A rusk is...
- Surprising Benefits of Oolong TeaEnjoy oolong tea for its longevity benefits as well as taste and caffeine.
- Pumpkin Stuffed with RisottoWhat to do with a pumpkin after Halloween? Bake it, of course. Along with a wonderful, steamy risotto. This vegetarian dish is wonderful for every appetite and fun to take to parties. Serving dish included (your pumpkin!).